Free T-shirt Graphics Design Software can be very useful. Sometimes you only need to throw a carefully designed t-shirt over your trousers and you create a unique look. There are so many t-shirt printing companies that not only offer ready designs to choose from but can also make special designs from scratch. Preparing artwork for the printing is a process, but at the end of the day the results make it worth the effort. If you wish to prepare such artwork for yourself or a client, it helps to know exactly what you are doing to yield good results. Here are a few T-shirt design ideas that can make the preparation stage a success.
- PMS colours are the best when it comes to accuracy, so make an effort of using them instead of CMYK and RGB colour modes. This way, you will also have an easy time separating colours and you won’t be charged extra on colour matching by your printer.
- When creating the artwork, let it be in the actual size you want it to be on the t-shirt. Never assume that your printer will do it right with the end product. Your views could be very different from his making it important to defend the situation by creating it in the exact final size. You can get the best size by measuring your t-shirt then making the decision.
- When sending the artwork, make sure you convert text onto outlines. Obscure fonts and custom designed fonts are needed in the artwork and when you convert, you make sure that any given computer will open your artwork right viewing the text as images making no substitutions in the process. You can do this by right clicking on your text with selection tool then selecting Create Outlines.
- Do not overlook the strokes and instead make sure you expand them to properly set the colours to PMS swatches so that colour separation is swift for the software. Small mistakes can ruin your project so remember to expand the strokes.
- Whenever it is possible, use vector artwork. This is best at separating colour accurately and you will therefore have a final print that is cleaner.
- Depending on your budget or design needs, you might end up using halftones to save the amount of printed colours. You can set the half tones when using PMS colours to achieve exactly what you are looking for. By sliding the colour scale down, you will manage to choose the best half tones for your printing. The software used in colour separation will handle the rest of the process for you.
It can be fun creating your own t-shirt graphics because this way you can come up with personal unique designs to make your t-shirt stand out. After creating such quality designs, you also need to make sure you choose t-shirt quality that won’t let you down. Customizing your designs gives you the freedom of not only choosing the artwork, but also the colour of the t-shirts.